Re: Re[2]: Connector spec swathing

From: Al Davis <aldavis@ieee.org>
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 14:11:21 PDT

Regarding the comments ...
"The spec and parser should generate a full matrix ....."

Matt and Bob hit it. The spec should show the clearest
method of doing it, to show what it really means. The
parser should be an example of it, that should work, and be
designed for readability rather than efficiency.

Then, the simulator maker should be able to do it any way
that works and is interchangeable with the original,
hopefully coming up with something better.

In this case, a full matrix is a very inefficient way to do
it. I would not want to be restricted to such
inefficiency. However, if the full matrix method is given,
I can use it to validate my "superior" method. Also, the
"superior" method will probably be less clear to someone
who just wants to know what the spec means.