Re: Bus Clamp vs Dynamic Clamp

From: <gedlund@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 12:58:44 PST

As long as we're on the subject, what determines the current-voltage
behavior of a dynamic clamp in triggered mode once it's on? Is the [GND
Clamp] keyword defined under the [Submodel] intended to supply the IV
characteristics of the ground dynamic clamp? And the [GND Pulse Table] is
supposed to supply a voltage offset to the [GND Clamp] table for each point
in time that the clamp is on? So if I'm a simulator and I notice that Vpin
has tripped V_trigger_f, I calculate Vpin-Vpulse and dump the current that
I find at the corresponding entry in [GND Clamp]?

Sounds like some stuff I can't measure directly from the pin, right?

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer, Critical Net Analysis
IBM
3650 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
gedlund@us.ibm.com