Re: Bus Clamp vs Dynamic Clamp

From: <gedlund@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 12:38:56 PST

[GREG]
> So if I'm a simulator and I notice that Vpin
> has tripped V_trigger_f, I calculate Vpin-Vpulse and dump the current
that
> I find at the corresponding entry in [GND Clamp]?

[BOB] I do not understand this question.

[GREG]
I was trying to understand the relationship between [GND Clamp] and [GND
Pulse Table]. It seems to me that [GND Pulse Table] is providing a link
between the voltage at the device pin and the current in the [GND Clamp]
table. The links seems to be an offset voltage from the pin voltage that
can change from one timepoint to the next as defined by the VT table in
[GND Pulse Table]. Furthermore, the VT table isn't activated until the pin
voltage crosses V_trigger_r/f. Am I understanding this correctly?

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer, Critical Net Analysis
IBM
3650 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
gedlund@us.ibm.com