(no subject)

From: <janne.ikavalko@nokia.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 01:48:10 PST

Hi Everybody!

It came to my mind, that how does simulation with IBIS models take into
account
parasitics which comes from power supply and ground pins and bonding wires?
As I understand only signal line's pin and bonding parasitics are included
into the simulation.
However, I think that in real life parasitics from power supply and ground
bonding wires has some effect also.

My current opinion is that effect from power supply and ground bonding wires
are not taken into account. Connection to power supply and ground are
considered ideal.
Am I right?

I tried to find information about this from IBIS specifications, but I
couldn't find any.

What is Your opinion, how (much) does this effect to the correctness of the
simulation result?

Best Regards,
                    Janne Ikavalko

-- Janne Ikavalko