Re:

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 05:42:09 PST

Janne,

Let us separate the power and ground parasitics into 3 categories:

- package parasitics
- bond wire parasitics
- on-die interconnect parasitics

IBIS has multiple methods for handling package parasitics. One of them, the
[Define Package Model] section, can include bond wire parasitics. There is no
good solution for on-die interconnect yet, but the IBIS committee has begun
considering this. The summary is that a good portion of the path from power
and ground pins to the buffers they supply is covered by IBIS, but not all of it.

I would expect that most, if not all, IBIS simulators will use the power and
ground parasitic information if it is present in an IBIS file.

Mike LaBonte