RE: Stupid question

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 10:49:05 PDT

Syed,

I think his question is a little different. It seems to that
he wants to know what he should do with the I/O cells which
are used as input, or output.

Bob,

This is what you should do. Generate four I-V curves from the
ASIC cells. (pulddown, pullup, GND relative 3-state, and Vcc relative
3-state). When you have an I/O make an I/O IBIS model from these,
that is do the usual subtraction method to generate the [Pulldown]
and [Pullup] tables. The 3-state curves go into the clamp curves
as usual, cut at the appropriate points to avoid double counting.

When you need an input only model, keep these clamp curves, but
discard the [Pullup], [Pulldown] curves and the V-t curves (and ramps).

When you need an output only model, discard the clamp curves, and
use the unsubtracted [Pulldown] and [Pullup] curves (keeping the V-t
and ramp also).

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation