Re: Table length reduction

From: D. C. Sessions <dc.sessions@vlsi.com>
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 12:47:43 PDT

Chris Rokusek wrote:

> D.C.,
>
> A Natural cubic spline will often introduce non-monotonicity resulting in
> simulation instability or inaccuracies especially on diode curves. You will
> need to use a different spline.
>
> Don't believe me? Try
>
> http://www.glue.umd.edu/~tvp/interp.html
>
> and draw a monotonic diode curve.

Chris, I'm not doing interpolation. I'm using interpolation to cull
redundant points. The algorithm works by calculating a spline from
the four points adjacent to a subject point and interpolating to
that point. Those points with minimal discrepancy from the interpolation
are candidates for removal and their immediate neighbors are kept until
the next pass.

Then again, one of the things I love about Icon is that prototyping
is awesomely fast. By all means try a different algorithm...

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.sessions@vlsi.com