Question regarding c_comp

From: Dave MacAdam <dsm@adc.idt.com>
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 08:02:37 PDT

I hope this is the correct address to post this type of question, if not

I apologize.

I'm confused about the usage of c_comp in my model. The pad that I'm
attempting to create a model for is being simulated using an extracted
netlist, which will include all pad capacitance (structure, esd etc.).
As I understand it, c_comp is the input cap of the input pin, and
therefore is contained in my netlist used to generate the I-V curves.

With this, should I put c_comp to zero else be 'double counting' this
capacitance when the user simulates using my model?

Thanks

Dave MacAdam

Design Engineer
Integrated Device Technology, Inc.