Re: IBIS BIRD64.3 - Alternate Package Models

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 14:00:27 PST

Matthew:

In BIRD64.3 comments have no special meaning.

As I understand it, the basis of your suggestion is to
prohibit spaces in package names if they are to be used
with [Alternate Package Models]. That way the second
and subsequent strings can be interpreted as the description
in a similar manner as in [Model Selector].

I agree that this would be a practical limitation to bring
the package model selection operation closer to [Model
Selector]. However, at this time, I do not favor making
this change over what is currently proposed.

The only potential issues remaining are just syntax
details and preferences. All of the suggestions appear
to support the same functionality.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics