s2ibis2 issues

From: Mike LaBonte <mlabonte@hhnetwk.com>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 15:55:26 PST

Hello,

One would think I would know the answers by now, but...

1) Has anyone used s2ibis2 to convert 1.5V logic? I had to fix it
   because it was putting bogus points near the ends of thepullup
   and pulldown VI curves.

2) Why does s2ibis2 run waveform simulations with 100 points,
   then resample them down to 51 points for output to the IBIS
   file, when the IBIS spec allows 100 points? The resampled
   waveform even has a time lag with respect to the original.

Since s2ibis2 has been used to create many IBIS models since it
was last updated in August 1998, one would assume that it is
producing fairly good results, once one learns to use it. But I
find these issues and others, too. Has every working copy out
there been modified like mine?

Mike LaBonte