Re: Clarification question for threshold parameters

From: Al Davis <aldavis@ieee.org>
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 22:46:09 PST

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Ian Dodd wrote:
> Unless I have missed something, the IBIS spec seems unclear
> as to what parameters are valid on what types of model.

Correct.

> For example is Vmeas valid for an output type?

1. Some models use it, and the parser doesn't reject it.

2. It is useful for mixed-mode (mixed A & D) simulators, when the
output node is interpreted as a digital node.

> Did I miss something, and if not, have we discussed this problem?

As far as I know, it has not come up before. I ran into it working
on the IBIS-X standard macro file, and attempting to interface the
IBIS-X translator to a mixed-mode simulator (ACS).

So, it looks like the answer is YES. I assumed it was NO, and got in
trouble for it.

al.