RE: Junk mail?

From: Chris Rokusek <crokusek@innoveda.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 12:08:55 PDT

D.C.,

You bring up an interesting point. If the names are being stolen from the
web archives then why don't we munge all email addresses during the append
to web page? If the list archives are being generated on a UNIX system,
then we're talking about a one-line "sed" command here to replace addresses
of the glob form "*@*." with "*@NoSpam.*"

Would this work?

Does anyone object?

Is it feasible to implement? If yes, I can provide a robust, tested sed
command.

Chris