Re: Ibis standard for feedback

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 06:53:23 PDT

Hello Sergey:

Based on your description, I believe your question
may relate to some dynamic impedance control buffers.

IBIS Version 3.2 partially supports feedback through
the "Bus_hold" submodel where another buffer can be
switched in parallel based on a trigger voltage to increase
the overall buffer strength.

Because of some polarity considerations, this method
may need to be completed for "Reduced_strength"
operation based on a trigger voltage. I plan to author
a BIRD for this improvement for a pending IBIS
Version 4.0.

As previously stated, I also believe that such
operation could be described in the pending IBIS-X
macro language.

Bob
Mentor Graphics