Re: Model name question

From: Matthew Flora <mbflora@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 16:17:09 PDT

Scott, Arpad,

May I suggest that you are headed toward a slippery slope. One common name
conflict with models that the tuples mentioned do not eliminate is second
source parts from multiple manufacturers. They might have started with the
same model and tweaked it for their process. If you try to come up with a
scheme where a single name includes every possible identifying mark, then
you'll end up with a ridiculously long name.

I suggest leaving it to the tools to keep track of which model they are
dealing with. It ain't difficult. Software has had to do this for a long
time. It's not new. It's not rocket science.

Cheers,
Matthew Flora