Re: Model name question

From: Al Davis <aldavis@ieee.org>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 13:41:44 PDT

On Monday 16 July 2001 11:14 am, Scott McMorrow wrote:
> Lynne,
>
> My suggestion is to formalize the concept that a unique model name
> is described by the following:
>
> manufacturer.component.model.revision.

That doesn't work. Model is not in Component scope. Model and
Component are at the same level as far as scoping is concerned.

You can have a file ...

[Component]
[Component]
[Component]
[Model]
[Model]
[Component]

etc...

All models are available to all components in that file.

The only scoping we have is by file.

Moving forward, it may make sense to introduce a [Namespace] to deal
with these scoping issues, but I don't think this will solve the
problem either.

Should IBIS-X offer nested [Define]s ??

al.