Re: Proposal for treatment of BUG54...

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 17:08:49 PST

Michael:

Here are some thoughts.

I think your rule 1 proposal makes sense for the purposes of
ibischk3 testing. However, it might
still be complicated. The revised rule would be to not
perform the test if NA's exist for all entries of either
the [Pulldown] or [Pullup] tables. The *_Open* cases have
to be treated separately with a different rule. Many
models with typical only clamps exist, so NA's can still
exist in the typ columns only.

In practice, the EDA tools might apply rule 2 in some manner,
but ibischk3 cannot perform the check.

Anyway, there are a lot of implications. I would favor a
proposal that removes erronous Warnings rather than tries
to sort out some possible acceptable combinations that
are not formally specified.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics