Re: BIRD 70.3

From: Al Davis <aldavis@ieee.org>
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 22:27:50 PDT

On Fri, 04 May 2001, Gregory R Edlund wrote:
> BIRD 70.3 has four new keywords for differential waveforms.
>
> I removed the "timing-related" subparameters in favor of using an
> extra set of Golden Waveforms that
> specify the standard (timing) test load.
>
> There is still one outstanding issue: what are the legal
> combinations of test_data_type and test_load_type?

That's easy. Just say they need to be the same.

It needs clarification of the meaning of the various waveforms, and
which can be used with which type.

Something like:

Diff waveforms are only used with type differential, and are measured
differentially. The other waveforms may be used with either
single_ended or differential types. When used with the differential
type, they represent the common mode waveforms, measured from one
side to ground.

It would probably be an improvement to explicitly say they are
common-mode, as in [Common Mode Rising Waveform Near], so the Diff or
Common forms are used with type differential, and the plain is used
with single-ended. Reason: the plain one will be interpreted as the
most significant, but in differential mode the differential one
really is.