RE: IBIS - I/O Buffer Modeling Cookbook

Subject: RE: IBIS - I/O Buffer Modeling Cookbook
From: Peters, Stephen (stephen.peters@intel.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 11:39:09 PDT

Hi Yoked:

  Regarding the non-monotonic warnings, I would still check the line number
on the pulldown curves and verify what is causing the non-monotonic warning.
It should be the area where ground clamp current was subtracted from the
total pulldown current and not somewhere else.
  By the way, when creating a model for a non-tristatable output (i.e. one
in which either the pullup or pulldown curves are always on) one does not
have to subtract ground and power clamp current from the curves. In this
case the warning should not occur.

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.