Clock limitations on IBIS simulation.

Subject: Clock limitations on IBIS simulation.
From: Dan Aleksandrowicz (dan@galileo.co.il)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 00:53:43 PST

Hi guys.

I know this question is as old as IBIS itself, but, it still rising
again.

At what clock speeds, and yes I mean DDR signals, is IBIS not
accurate to a intolerable degree ?

I know that the DC sweep analysis is clock independent, and
that the wave form reflects the actual switching of the pad.
Therefor, I believe the answer is more tool dependent.

Is the above assumption is true ? And please I am not looking
into tool compression. But, into the theoretical aspects of high
speed analysis in 1G and beyond.

Please comment - thanks.

    Danny Aleksandrowicz