Re: [IBIS] Bird 74

Subject: Re: [IBIS] Bird 74
From: Guy deBurgh (gdeburgh@innoveda.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 15:18:58 PST

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for your comments.

1) To conform to item 8, section 3 of the IBIS spec. 0.05m would mean
     0.05 millimeters.

    Some possibilities are:

    a) 0.05 = 0.05 meters
    b) 0.05m = 0.05 millimeters
    c) 0.05mm = 0.05 millimeters

   This agrees with Arpad's comments, and can lead to confusion (example b)
   as Arpad points out.

   Perhaps item 8, section 3 should have an additional clarification. E.g.
"When
   the base unit and the scaling factor are represented by the same
chararacter
   they should both be used to avoid confusion." This would make example b)
above
   illegal.

2) I put LVDS in the CMOS category as it has mosfets. I'm not
differentiating
    as to whether they are cross coupled or not.
    To create a complete list for the Family category would require a spec.
revision
    every time a new device came out. This is not desirable. So I came up
with the
    base technologies that devices are based on.

Guy