[IBIS] SI tool for a particular layer stackup

Subject: [IBIS] SI tool for a particular layer stackup
From: Craciun, Liviu-Dumitru (LCraciun@Becker.de)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 00:49:10 PST

Hi,

I have to simulate 8-layer PCBs with a particular stackup:

TOP ===== ==== ==============GND Plane with DISCONTINUITY
Dielectric 1
INNER 1 == == == == == == == SIGNALs
Dielectric 2
INNER 2 == == == == == == = SIGNALs
Dielectric 3
INNER 3 =============================CONTINUOUS GND Plane
etc ....

IMPORTANT:
    TOP-Layer has a GND plane with many and relativ great discontinuities
    thickness dielectric 1 and 2 = 0,050 mm !
    thickness dielectric 3 = 0,350 mm ! !

Conclusion: a signal traces has partial 2 reference planes (0,050 mm and
0,400 mm),
partial only one reference plane (0,400 mm).
Yes, I know, there is better solutions. But I have to simulate also THIS
solution.

What Signal Integrity toll have you attended that are worthwhile
to simulate this particular structure ?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards
Liviu Craciun

HARMAN / BECKER AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS

Becker GmbH - Im Stöckmädle 1 - 76307 Karlsbad - Germany
Dipl.- Ing. Liviu Craciun
product engineering group
PDE-HW2, Produktentwicklung Hardware
phone: +49 (0) 7248 - 71 - 1614