[IBIS] ibis driver model for varied output impedance

Subject: [IBIS] ibis driver model for varied output impedance
From: Ken Wu (ken@force10networks.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 11:37:39 PST

Hi there,
I have a question regarding ibis driver model for varied output impedance. In one of my IOs, we can use a discrete resistor on PCB board
to adjust the IO driver output impedance to match with board trace impedance. This is neither a series resistor nor a parallel resistor hooked
up with the IO. It's a totally separate resistor and there is a measurement circuit to measure the discrete resistor value and then automatically
adjust the IO output impedance based on the resistor value. My question is, how does IBIS model to take care of this scenario?

Regards,

Ken Z. Wu
Force10 Networks, Inc
ken@force10networks.com