[IBIS] FW: V-T Time Window in HSPICE

Subject: [IBIS] FW: V-T Time Window in HSPICE
From: John Angulo (jangulo@innoveda.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 11:43:48 PDT

The following is posted on behalf of Timothy Coyle. Please address any
private replies to Timothy.Coyle@nsc.com:

--------------------
Hello,

 I have a 1.25 GHz IBIS buffer I am trying to run in HSPICE. The issue
I am having is that the buffer will not perform at this frequency using
the supplied V-T data. The time window of the V-T data is 800psec.
According to what I have seen/read, this time window defines the period
of the IBIS buffer. I have also read that for some simulators, if the
time window is larger than the pulse width, then it will not work. This
seems to be
the case for HSPICE. Using 200psec rise/fall times, my pulse width is
200psec and my period is 800psec. If I specify just the ramp data, then
it works. Do I need to cut out the delay in my V-T data so it switches
sooner and I can cut down the time window? I would like to be able to
correlate the IBIS buffer to the original SPICE file at this frequency.
Has anyone encountered this issue in HSPICE? ( I did use this IBIS
buffer in XTK at this frequency without any issues)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tim