RE: [IBIS] EIA IBIS Open Forum Minutes (05/31/02)

Subject: RE: [IBIS] EIA IBIS Open Forum Minutes (05/31/02)
From: Syed Huq (shuq@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 12:55:56 PDT

To All:

There is more to be gained if the parser is open-source. As long as this
is not understood by the committee, nothing much will happen. Al and Kim H.
have put that very well in their Emails.

90% of model translations that are done uses a shareware that is getting
old. Once the parser is open-source, various Univs and IBIS community
can provide tools, checkers, validation schemes, display options,
top level GUI etc etc easily and that will further the IBIS cause.

You should ask yourself: Are you really trying to do something for
the IBIS community OR make the IBIS community follow the roadmap your
tool vendors are proposing..

I hope it's the former.

Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc