RE: [IBIS] Open Source IBIS Parser

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Open Source IBIS Parser
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 10:29:29 PDT

Hello, Bob,

The big problem with University software is that there is usually
no interest in maintenance. Students get degrees for new things,
not for fixing someone else's bugs.

Berkeley SPICE is a classic example. The UCB/SPICE web site
no longer maintains documentation on SPICE format. Bugs that
have been known about for years are still around. (Interesting to
see where this goes, now that there is an open-source version.)

Having open-source with a gatekeeper might work, if there are
enough open-source programmers interested in IBIS. The same
gatekeeper could coordinate s2ibis.

Best regards,
Lynne