RE: [IBIS] Open Source IBIS Parser

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Open Source IBIS Parser
From: Dodd, Ian (ian_dodd@mentorg.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 13:04:52 PDT

Syed,

I agree with your sentiments.

A comment on your remark about the involvement of the IBIS Open Forum with
the s2ibis tool:

The IBIS Open Forum did consider the proposal for them to fund improvements
to s2ibis.
This was rejected, and my recollection is that this was done because it was
not thought
appropriate for the Open Forum to compete in an area where there was at
least one commercial tool.

I personally don't believe this indicates that members of the Open Forum do
not support
the creation of an improved public domain version of s2ibis, in fact I
believe
the opposite is true, members of the Open Forum are generally supportive of
the
improvement of s2ibis by both the commercial and non-commercial sectors (and
are
glad to see that NC STATE University is getting involved in updating s2ibis)

Ian Dodd
Mentor Graphics.