RE: [IBIS] IBIS SUmmit minutes 6/13/02

Subject: RE: [IBIS] IBIS SUmmit minutes 6/13/02
From: Hassan Ali (Hassan.Ali@fidus.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 13:27:04 PDT

I have a few questions relating to Eckhard's observations quoted below:

1. When models have "unreasonable" lead-in time on V-T curves I guess
the solution is to uniformly (i.e. for all the corners) trim the V-T
data so as to only remain with the rise or fall data that sufficiently
captures the rise/fall time. If by doing that, however, the time range
of the resultant V-T curves [i.e. for rise: time(Vhigh_max -
time(Vlow_min) ]is greater than the bit-width, what would be the best
way to correct the model?

2. If for a given SPICE model, the output slew-rate of the buffer is
dependent on the slew-rate of the input stimulus, what would be the best
way to create useful V-T curves? Is their a rule-of-thumb for the
suitable slew-rate of the input stimulus?

3. Could anyone explain using a simple (driver->transmission line->load)
example how different simulators use V-I and V-T curves of an IBIS model
to compute voltages/currents on circuit nodes?

Thanks.

Hassan.