Re: [IBIS] BIRD 75 comments

Subject: Re: [IBIS] BIRD 75 comments
From: Ross, Bob (bob_ross@mentorg.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 18:15:40 PDT

Al:

As a start, a simple example to demonstrate the syntax ha
been uploaded under a new

  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/samples/ver4.1/

for a linear driver. I agree that more examples are useful,
and I expect more will be added to illustrate a number of
features.

I may not have a pre-emphasis example in the short term. But
there are several solutions to pre-emphasis modeling. These
include using [Driver Schedule] in existing IBIS for a fixed
frequency, referencing a SPICE model directly which has pre-emphasis
or using the AMS languages (or even SPICE) to construct a
behavioral solution that allows controlling the pre-emphasis
switching for the clock frequency of interest.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics