Re: [IBIS] Parameterization in BIRD 75

Subject: Re: [IBIS] Parameterization in BIRD 75
From: Ross, Bob (bob_ross@mentorg.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 12:46:46 PDT

Ian:

Thank you for your comments and support.

The initial proposal forces the parameters to be
already initialized in the external file. So, I
intialization is redundant. Furthermore, the
file needs to be run without any parameters new
parameters defined. Control is passed through
the IBIS format (by just listing the parameter names)
to the controling structure, script or interface.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on how to add this
mechanism with the most simple syntax and without
getting into a lot of syntax choices and complications.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics