[IBIS] RE: [IBIS-Users] ibis pins (once more, this time more details)

Subject: [IBIS] RE: [IBIS-Users] ibis pins (once more, this time more details)
From: Douglas Burns (dburns@sisoft.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 05:03:28 PDT

Yoni,

 An IBIS model shows only 1 pin. This Pin is the Pin of the chip/package
that connects to the outside world. The stimulus nodes (EN, IN) and the
receiver node (Vout_of_IN) are assumed to exist based upon the model type.
For Hspice, these assumed nodes MUST be specified so that HSPICE can
stimulate them (The nodes in the IBIS pinlist DO NOT fully correlate with
the nodes required by the HSPICE netlist). The model you are using has the
following logical block diagram.

              IO PAD

        EN ---------
                     |\ |
                     | \
        IN ------- | x-------------------OUT
                           | / |
                         |/ |

                       /| |
   Vout_of_IN---- x |----------------
                            \|

In HSPICE you must specify the simulus for IN and EN. When Enabled, You
apply a 0-->1 transistion to IN to get a 0-->VDDQ transition on OUT.
(The Vout_of_IN input will also toggle from 0-->1

If Disabled, IN is disconnected from OUT, But changes applied to OUT
(0-->VDDQ) will result in a 0-->1 transition on Vout_of_in

Doug

Douglas Burns
Principal Consultant
Signal Integrity Software, Inc.