RE: [IBIS] Overclocking in IBIS models

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Overclocking in IBIS models
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 08:24:04 PDT

Shee Kian,

We call over clocking an IBIS model when the stimulus is switching
faster than length of the model's Vt curves (waveforms) allow.
Due to some issues with some tools the stricter rule is that the
pulse width of the stimulus must be longer than the length of
the longest Vt curve in the IBIS model. If this condition is
not met we have over clocking, i.e. you are switching into an
unfinished edge. IBIS models do not have enough information for
the simulators to handle that situation correctly and the results
may not represent what the device does in real life.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation