RE: [IBIS] Standard for BGA pin names in IBIS files

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Standard for BGA pin names in IBIS files
From: Angulo, John (john_angulo@mentorg.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 14:53:18 PDT

The following is posted on behalf of Mike Lamson at Texas Instruments. Please send all private replies to m-lamson@ti.com only.

----------
I think the issue of providing ground and power ports in the IBIS model
needs discussion here. The problem is that on certain kinds of packages
there is not a one to one correspondence between an input port and an output
port for a ground or power conection. It is readily accomplished in a
single layer package. This is not the case for a power or ground plane with
multiple ports. The ground and power paths must also be coupled to the
signal paths for proper simulation results. These things can all be
accomplished in SPICE. How does IBIS handle this?

Regards,

Mike Lamson