[IBIS] Test load reference voltages

Subject: [IBIS] Test load reference voltages
From: Steven_McKinney@Dell.com
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 12:15:46 PDT

All,

A quick question on Vref. It appears that the IBIS spec allows only a
single voltage for a reference voltage. Is it customary for those who
create the IBIS models to vary the supply voltage to obtain the V-I curves
for fast, typ., slow modes but keep the Vref the same during all of these
cases? It would make sense that the Vref would change with the supply since
in the physical world, that voltage would be supplied by the same rail
through some resistor network.

Thanks for any feedback on this!

Steven McKinney
Signal Integrity Engineering Group