RE: [IBIS] IV curve question...

Subject: RE: [IBIS] IV curve question...
From: Ingraham, Andrew (Andrew.Ingraham@hp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 10:42:19 PST

It does look similar to the effect you get when subtracting
clamp current from the total current.

Except that it's in the wrong quadrant!

These voltages should be in the normal operating region,
where the clamps shouldn't be doing anything.

I think I've seen this before on some device (when extracting
I-V curves for our in-house turbo simulator). I don't know why or
how the device did that. It's been a long time so my memory is
hazy, but in that case I think it was a curiosity but not a
problem. In Matt's case either the curves, or something
else in the IBIS model, is a problem.

I'd be curious what they thought they fixed when they made
you a new model.

What sort of discontinuities do you see on the edges? Do
you mean that it suddenly changes voltage extremely fast?
Do you suppose the simulator sees two or more points of
convergence between the I-V curves and the load, and is
toggling between them?

Does the model have V-T curves?

Regards,
Andy