RE: [IBIS] Question on IBIS Version 4.0

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Question on IBIS Version 4.0
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 08:30:25 PST

Elena,

The two statements about the first point and the time correlation
are not related. The time correlation doesn't mean that all curves
should have the same first time value in the tables. It means that
they should be all generated from a stimulus that triggered the
buffer at the same time for each of the Vt tables.

Independent from that, one table could start at 1 ns, the other at
1.1 ns and the third at 0.9 ns, etc... if you please. (I don't know
why you would want to do this, but I believe the spec allows this).

The real question is: what are the tools going to do with this?
Some tools automatically normalize the curves to zero time, others
will not. If the curves are simulated at the time they are given,
that means that the buffer in the simulation will have a delay of
the amount where the Vt curves begin. This could mean that the
buffer can get over clocked very easily if your stimulus switches
faster than the amount of time that marks the first points of the
Vt tables.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation