[IBIS] Modeling Transient Suppressor

Subject: [IBIS] Modeling Transient Suppressor
From: Fisher, Thomas (tomfisher@ti.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 06:27:26 PST

All,
        Has anyone every heard of generating an IBIS model for a transient
suppressor? For those not familiar with these devices they are used to
shunt energy surges away from expensive ASIC's and primarily consist of
bipolar transistors that turn on fast and can handle the high currents.
(I've included a URL for reference) The question is, when modeling such a
device would you treat the cathode end of these diodes like that of a TTL
input and sweep it over the intended voltage range?
        Thoughts/ideas are welcome. Thanks.

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/productfolder.jhtml?genericPartNumber=SN75240

Regards,
Thomas Fisher
Senior Systems Engineer
Texas Instruments, Inc. Business: 214 480-3736
P.O. Box 660199 MS8710 Fax: 214 480-3160
Dallas, TX 75266-0199 [mailto:tomfisher@ti.com]