RE: [IBIS] Time scale for VT plots on IBIS model.

Subject: RE: [IBIS] Time scale for VT plots on IBIS model.
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 10:23:56 PST

Jeremy,

The V-t "timing" issue was addressed in BIRD 68 and were incorporated in
IBIS 4.0. The
ability to use VMEAS corners is also included in IBIS 4.0:
| Examples from the IBIS 4.0 specification:
Vmeas 3.68 3.18 4.68 | A 5 volt PECL
Vmeas_rising 0.941 0.885 1.026 | vmeas =
0.285(vcc)
Vmeas_falling 2.0295 1.845 2.214 | vmeas =
0.615(vcc)

Buffer delay tables should "start" when the signal from the chip core to
the buffer toggles.
Tom Dagostino pointed out to me that any other "time" adjustment to the
V-t tables is at
best a waste of time, and at worst could produce inaccurate simulation
results in some SI
tools. (Thanks, Tom!)

Best regards,
Lynne