Re: [IBIS] Generating an IBIS model - to what version?

Subject: Re: [IBIS] Generating an IBIS model - to what version?
From: Robert Haller (rhaller@sisoft.com)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 06:23:29 PST

Dan,
        I think its great that you created a 4.0 model. I would say release
the model. The IBIS 4.0 specification has been ratified. By having 4.0
models out there, provides additional motivation for ECAD vendors to
support them.

Regards
bob

p.s. Happy holidays !!

--
Robert J. Haller (rhaller@sisoft.com)
Principal Consultant

Dan Aleksandrowicz wrote: > Hi There. > > I am about to release a complex IBIS model, which can use many of the new > BIRD's implemented in IBIS 4.0. > > However, I do not know if the end users can benefit from such a model. > > Therefore, my question is should I or should not release a 4.0 model ? > > I know this question has a commercial aspect, but, it is a true issue to > IBIS > model generators. > > Danny > > -- > "This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged > information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual > or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended > recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution > or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have > received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by > telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.". > >