Re: [IBIS] IBIS open forum minutes (12/13/02)

Subject: Re: [IBIS] IBIS open forum minutes (12/13/02)
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 09:46:09 PST

All,

I am posting this message on behalf of Luca Giacotto.
While I am at it, I also want to apologize for giving
an incorrect answer to this question in the last Open
Forum Teleconference. Unfortunately I didn't remember
this detail correctly. Luca has the correct answer.

Thanks,

Arpad

Just a correction to a statement in the last forum minutes.

Concerning the question from Bob Haller reported in the minutes (see
copy below), I would correct the reply. I think the answer is "yes":
the parameters in the BIRD give to the model maker the maximum of
freedom. He can model the "voltage-dependent" and "frequency-dependent"
behaviour of "C_comp" in EACH ONE of the three possible states.
The 24 parameters in the actual BIRD include
*) 8 parameters to describe "C_comp" in the OUTPUT-LOW state;
*) 8 parameters to describe "C_comp" in the OUTPUT-HIGH state;
*) 8 parameters to describe "C_comp" in the INPUT state;

Also, I would like to point out that with the proposed description of
the die-capacitance the currents flowing in the four references ([Pullup
Reference], [Pulldown Reference], [POWER Clamp Reference] and [GND Clamp
Reference]) are "correct". Which should be useful to investigate
ground-bounce and radiation problems.

Happy new year!
Luca

**********From the minutes****************