[IBIS] IBIS parser bug74 update

Subject: [IBIS] IBIS parser bug74 update
From: Peters, Stephen (stephen.peters@intel.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 11:21:02 PST

Hello All:

  At the last IBIS teleconference I took the action item to post additional
information from Greg Edlund on ibischk BUG74 ("Missing Timing Test Load
Warning Messages") so that this bug report could be considered at the next
teleconference. The additional information, which deals with default
assumptions for timing test loads and what combinations are required per
model type, is below. To see the entire bug report, visit the following
URL.
http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bug74
<http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bug74>

Regards,
Stephen Peters
Intel Corp.

1. Implied defaults Cref=0, Vref=0, Rref=infinity

   I don't think this belongs in the error message because it is tool
   specific. Each tool vendor must decide on the default value of these
   parameters.

2. Model_types (I/0*, Output*, 3-state*, Open*
   Covered by table below.

3. Possible Rref value needed for Open*
   Covered by table below.

4. Mention that [Model Spec] may contain the parameters and needs to be
   part of the check, if it exists.

   As I read the IBIS spec, the Vmeas subparameter defined under the
   [Model Spec] keyword pertains to input timing thresholds, whereas
   BUG74 pertains to output timing test loads. These are two different
   things; therefore the bug fix can ignore the Vmeas subparameter when
   it occurs under the [Model Spec] keyword.

                   Vmeas Rref/Vref
                   Required Required
                   -------- --------
Input NO NO