[IBIS] IBIS generation w/ two power supplies

Subject: [IBIS] IBIS generation w/ two power supplies
From: Wil Ngan (wngan@idt.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:54:09 PDT

hi,

I'm trying to generate an ibis file from a circuit with two power supplies,
vcc and vccq. Vcc is fixed at 5v, while vccq is either 3.3 or 5v,
depending on what we would like the output high to be. How do I going
about doing this?

In the past, I've used [Pullup reference], [Power clamp reference] to
set vcc to 5v, vccq to 3.3v, respectively. However, I just realized
that I cannot set vccq using [power clamp reference], since there's actually

NO power clamp in my circuit. (The ckt only has ground clamp transistors,
which protects the device from overly low input voltages, at same time, that

same device works to protect high input voltages through breakdown.)
I had been generating [Power clamp] current table while in fact there is no
power clamp circuit. Not good. Furthermore, this causes [Pullup] current
table
to be wrong, since [Pullup]currents = I(pullup generated by hspice) -
I(power clamp), so the numbers in my [Pullup] table are actually lower
than they should be.

So, going back to the original question, without using [Pullup reference] or

[Power clamp reference], how should I go about in providing two power
supplies to this circuit to generate ibis file?

- Wil
idt sram, 408/330-1623.