[IBIS] Re: [IBIS-Users] Does a clock driver IBIS model need to incorporate steady states witching effects?

Subject: [IBIS] Re: [IBIS-Users] Does a clock driver IBIS model need to incorporate steady states witching effects?
From: Duane Mattheisen (duane.mattheisen@onsemi.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 16:39:32 PST

James
   This is just my opinion. If the IBIS model is done at some high
frequency where the output does not reach a steady state then when some
else tries to use that model at a lower frequency the simulator will not
be able calculate the AC portion of the wave form. Perhaps a better
solution would be to have the propagation delay of the device equal the
delay from the left edge of the screen in the IBIS model. An example
psuedo-random might give different result depending on which cycle you
look at. Perhaps the worst case is what the customer needs. Thanks
duane Mattheisen