RE: [IBIS] IBIS Model generation of I/O buffer with over voltage protection

Subject: RE: [IBIS] IBIS Model generation of I/O buffer with over voltage protection
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 11:17:06 PST

Resend due to reflector problems.

Arpad
=================================

-----Original Message-----
From: Muranyi, Arpad
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 12:13 PM
To: ibis@eda.org
Cc: ibis-users@eda.org
Subject: RE: [IBIS] IBIS Model generation of I/O buffer with over
voltage protection

Ranjan,

I would think that this effect would show up in your IV curve shape and
no further action would be required. The only complication I would see
is that the direction of the sweep may result in a different response,
kind of like hysteresis. In that case IBIS would not be able to capture
the complete behavior of that circuit, but you could make a reasonably
good estimate by picking one of the two paths for your IV curve in the
IBIS model.

I hope this helps,

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation