[IBIS] Re: Ramp use - was ECL Termination Voltage Question

Subject: [IBIS] Re: Ramp use - was ECL Termination Voltage Question
From: Lynne D. Green (lgreen22@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 19:20:00 PST

Hi, Michael,

Most of the EDA tools use [Ramp] to estimate such things as initial
simulation time step. [Ramp] might be used in other algorithms used
(prior to simulation) by some EDA tools. This is why it is important
to have reasonable values for [Ramp] subparameters.

As Bob mentioned, most tools will not use [Ramp] data during actual
simulation when V-t tables are available.

Best regards,
Lynne

Dr. Lynne Green
lgreen22@mindspring.com