[IBIS] Third Call for IBIS Summit at DesignCon East

From: Lynne Green <lgreen22@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 09:55:18 PST

Note the special offer below to IBIS participants for free registration
for the DesignCon East Conference.

              IBIS SUMMIT AT DESIGNCON EAST
                     THIRD CALL FOR
              PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

              I B I S S U M M I T M E E T I N G

Time/Date: Monday April 5, 2004 8:00 AM to 5 PM

Location: Holiday Inn Boxborough
            242 Adams Place
            Boxborough, Massachusetts

            Teleconferencing will be provided. The phone number will
            be sent out with the agenda.

Content: Presentations and Discussions

Purpose: Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
            and Ideas.

Sponsors: DesignCon East, SiSoft, Intel

            If your company would be interested in sponsoring this
            event, please contact Lynne Green
            <lgreen22@mindspring.com>.
            Benefits to sponsors include formal recognition at the
            meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls for Papers and
            meeting minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
            thanks for your support.

DesignCon East Conference http://www.designcon.com/east

            April 5-7, 2004
            Holiday Inn Boxborough
            242 Adams Place
            Boxborough, Massachusetts

DesignCon East provides a venue for practicing engineers to interact
with their peers to find the solutions to their most challenging
design problems. The combination of the technical sessions and exhibition
presents the opportunity to discuss the latest solutions and then network
with the innovative leaders who have these solutions on display.

As an Associate Sponsor of DesignCon East, IBIS is pleased to provide
its IBIS Summit registrants with a complimentary registration to attend
the DesignCon East conference program, April 5-7. For this registration
offer, register at
<http://www.iec.org/events/2004/designcon_east/registration/ibis_reg.html>

BACKGROUND

  DesignCon East is the premier annual event for electronic design
  engineers working at the chip, board, and system levels in the Eastern
  Region of the United States. Topics of current interest to the EIA
  IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon East.

  This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
  Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an
  electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any
  pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks
  prior to the meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

  People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
  and digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit
  meeting. If you plan to participate, please register with the
  information below:

   Name:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:
   Attending in person or by phone:

Send to:
    Terry Roulic <troulic@sisoft.com>

    AND for Free Lunch and Free DesignCon Conference Attendence signup:
http://www.iec.org/events/2004/designcon_east/registration/ibis_reg.html

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

  We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences of
  interest to the IBIS modeling community. In the past, these have
  included demonstrations of modeling techniques, explanations of
  behavioral algorithms and descriptions of difficulties encountered in
  specific applications. Of particular interest are topics related to
  model correlation, modeling building experiences and comparisons to
  other modeling methods. Presentations may be addressed to any and
  all levels of IBIS experience, from beginning to advanced.

  Format of Presentation: LCD Projection with Windows laptop.

  Time: 15-30 Minutes

  Electronic Archival: We request electronic versions so that the
  presentations can be archived and also made available to
  non-attendees. Formats used in the past have been text, Power Point,
  Word, Postscript, and Acrobat. Electronic presentations should be
  made available by March 29, 2004 for uploading and copying to the
  presentation laptop.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

   Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

   Estimated Time:

Send this to:

  Lynne Green <lgreen22@mindspring.com>

AGENDA

  The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a luncheon.
  This will be developed as presentation proposals are received.

  The IBIS attendees will attend the DesignCon East Monday Keynote
  luncheon. You must pre-register with DesignCon East by March 29
  to attend the lunch. DesignCon East registration is free to
  attendees of the IBIS Summit. For additional information, see the
  DesignCon East information at the top of this page, or visit
  <http://www.designcon.com/east>.

  The following individuals have signed up to present at the summit
  (presentation titles are tentative).

  - IBIS Chair's Report & Roadmap, Michael Mirmak, Intel
  - Issues with C_comp and Differential Multi-stage IBIS Models,
  Michael Mirmak, Intel
  - [Driver Schedule] Initialization (BIRD88), Bob Ross, Teraspeed

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

  For travel directions, hotels and other information, see
http://www.iec.org/events/2004/designcon_east/conference/hotel_8_travel.html