RE: [IBIS] Question regarding V-t tables

From: Reid, Chris <chris_reid@mentorg.com>
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 17:07:34 PDT

Arpad,

If multiple waveforms are given for the same loading condition how would a simulator use them? One approach might be to simply average them in some way. I see no use for such data. Of course a real part might respond differently to different data patterns, but that means you have to go way back in the architecture of the part to extract the reasons for that behavior and model them. The IBIS structure certainly does not allow for any such modeling. I suggest that if something that sophisticated is actually needed then you should use VHDL-AMS or SPICE models.

Chris