Re: [IBIS] Mult-Lingual Model Support in IBIS

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 18:58:51 PST

Hello Shulong:

You are correct. However, I recommend that you delay implementing this
part of IBIS Version 4.1. Even the pending IBIS parser will flag this
disconnect as an Error. So I would wait for a formal solution per
the comments below.

Regards,
Bob

slwu wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I think EDA tool may not know which die pad is connected to a certain pin,
> so it seems impossible for EDA tool to construct such a connection
> automatically.

Correct.

> However, if such connections are provided by model users in his circuit netlist
> directly,
> then EDA tools can construct the connection as the model users expect.
> Is my understanding right ?

In theory, yes. However, at this time I would simply avoid adding such
a connection capability and wait for the IBIS Committee to propose
a solution for Version 4.2 with the appropriate new syntax.

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs