[IBIS] European IBIS Summit @ DATe 2005 - Final Call for Participation + Preliminary Agenda

From: Ralf Bruening <ralf.bruening_at_.....>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 07:53:02 PST
To All:
       We have been holding successful European IBIS Summit Meetings for the
       past seven years.  Next year we are again holding a meeting along with
       DATe 05 on Friday, March 11, 2005.  The purpose is to promote
       communication among users and developers of IBIS models in Europe.
       We are also very happy for the first time to welcome
       participants from the IBIS activities in the US.

       The meeting is free and open to everyone.  However, you will have
       to register for the exhibition at DATe (to get access to the
       meeting room).  Refreshments will be provided.
       Below is some information on the IBIS summit including the
       current agenda. You are invited to register and also to submit
       adhoc presentation/discussion proposals.

  Ralf Bruening
  Product Manager High Speed Design
  ZUKEN EMC Technology Center

  Time/Date:     9:00 AM - 2:30 PM, Friday, March 11, 2004

  Location:      Meeting Room 21a at ICM Messe Munich (New Munich Congress Center)
                 Munich, Germany (where DATE 2005 is being held).

                 Free DATE 2005 exhibition registration for room entry,
                 see URL at the bottom.

 Agenda: (Preliminary, maybe subject of change)
 =======

          8:30   REFRESHMENTS & SIGN IN

          9:00   WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
                  - Ralf Bruening, Zuken, Germany

          9:10   SIG - SIEMENS IBIS GROUP
                  - Eckhard Lenski, Siemens AG, Germany

          9:20   CAN WE STOP THE DISPARITY OF THE POTENTIAL OF
                 IBIS ? (MODEL PARAMETERS AND THE REALITY OF DELIVERED
                 PARAMETERS)
                  - Eckhard Lenski, Siemens AG, Germany

          9:45   MODIFYING IBIS FILES
                  - Katja Koller, Siemens AG, Germany

         10:10   AN INITIAL CASE STUDY FOR BIRD95 - ENHANCING IBIS FOR SSO POWER
                        INTEGRITY SIMULATION
                  - Sam Chitwood, Raymond Chen, and Jiayuan Fang, Sigrity, Inc. USA
                       (Presented by Jiayuan Fang)

         10:35   BREAK (10 Minutes)

         10:45   IBIS IN THE DESIGN CHAIN OF NOISE MODELLING
                  - Manfred Maurer, Siemens AG, and Thomas Steineke, Infineon AG
                  Technologies, Germany

         11:10   THE ROLE OF IBIS IN NEAR-FIELD EMISSION PREDICTION OF ICS
                  - Etienne Sicard and Alexandre Boyer, National Institute of
                    Applied Science (INSA), France; and Gilles Peres, EADS
                    Airbus Industries, France
                    (Presented by Etienne Sicard)

         11:35   COMPUTER-ASSISTED MODELING OF DIGITAL I/O BUFFERS FOR IBIS
                  - Flavio Canavero, Ivan Maio, and Igor Stievano, Politecnico di
                   Torino, Italy; Madhavan Swaminathan, Georgia Institute of
                   Technology, USA; and Paul Franzon, North Carolina State
                   University, USA
                   (Presented by Igor Stievano)

         12:00   LUNCH/DISCUSSION (45 Minutes)

         12:45   BEHAVIORAL MODELING of PRE-EMPHASIS BUFFERS
                  - Michael Schaeder, Zuken, Germany

         13:10   PRE/DE-EMPHASIS BUFFER MODELING WITH IBIS
                  - Arpad Muranyi, Intel Corporation, USA

         13:35   TBD
                  - TBD, Mentor Graphics, Germany

         14:00   MODELLING COMPLEX IO WITH IBIS 4.1
                  - Heiko Dudek, Cadence Design Systems/FlowCad, Germany

         14:30   CLOSING TOPICS
                  - Ralf Bruening, Zuken

         15:00   END OF MEETING

 Sponsors:      Zuken, Mentor Graphics, Cadence Design
                       Systems/Flowcad, Siemens.

 DATE 2005 Conference:     March 07-11, 2005.  The IBIS meeting is scheduled
                the day after the DATE 2005 exhibition ends.

 Location:      ICM International Congress Center, Munich, Germany
 DATE URL:      http://www.date-conference.com

 Background:
                DATE (Design, Automation, and Test in Europe) is the only European
                event dedicated to electronic system design and test.  Topics of
                current interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DATE.
                This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
                Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an
                electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any
                pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks
                prior to the meeting.

                The meeting is free and open to everyone.  However, you will have
                to register for the exhibition at DATe (to get access to the
                meeting room).  Refreshments will be served.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
     People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and digital
     circuit design are invited to participate in the European IBIS Summit meeting.
     If you plan to participate, please register with the information below
     (informal deadline, Febrary 25th, 2005):

     Name:
     E-mail address:
     Company:
     Telephone:

 Send to:
   Ralf Bruening (ralf.bruening@zuken.de)

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS
     See <http://www.date-conference.com/conference/travel.htm> for
     travel directions, hotels and other information.

Looking forward to meeting you at DATe 2005 in Munich

   Ralf Bruening

Ralf Bruening
Product Manager High Speed Design/Partner & Solution Business
Zuken EMC Technology Center
Vattmannstr.3
33100 Paderborn
Germany

Tel: ++49 (0) 5251 150 600 (direct -621)
Fax: ++49 (0) 5251 150 700
Cellular: +49 170 4228512 (alternative: +49 172 9070675)

Email: ralf.bruening@zuken.de
Web: www.zuken.com