Re: [IBIS] Comments on BIRD97

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 22:57:32 PST
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IBIS] Comments on BIRD97.
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:14:37 -0800
From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
To: ibis@eda.org

Hello Itzik and All:

Several people are interested in BIRD97 as part of the
BIRD95 solution.  I am interested in seeing more details about
the improvements your are suggestiong.  But I am also
leaning towards the most simple proposal possible for
various extraction and implementation reasons.

I believe the author is out of town, so we may get only
limited response.

I have a few more basic syntax and interpretation
questions.  For instance, the example shows values of .3,
.5 and .8, and the document allows positive, negative or
zero values.  Its not clear to me how these values would
be extracted or used because direct multiplication would
produce a very significant change in the I-V table.

Bob

Itzik Peleg wrote:

> Hello All
>

> I would like to comment on BIRD97:
>
>    1. I think that we should add quadratic parameter since the start of
>       the transition (when thinking of a transistor) is done in the
>       saturation regain and there the connection between VGS and VDS is
>       quadratic.
>    2. Since in the end of the drive the transistor is in the Ohmic
>       region the connection is linear so adding one or more parameters
>       to separate the two regions or use a table.
>

> --
>
> Regards
>

> Itzik Peleg
>
> Board Technology Group

> Please Note: email address change to: itzikpe@marvell.com <mailto:itzikpe@marvell.com>

> Marvell Semiconductor Israel Ltd
>
> 6 Hamada Street
>

> Mordot HaCarmel Industrial Park
>

> Yokneam 20692, ISRAEL
>
> Email - itzikpe@marvell.com <mailto:itzikpe@marvell.com>
>
> Tel   - +972 4  9091192
>
> Cell  - +972 54 4452482
>
> Fax   - +972 4  9091501
>
> WWW Page: http://www.marvell.com <BLOCKED::http://www.marvell.com>

> This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
>
> information. The information is intended only for the use of the
>
> individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
>
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

> If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
>
> immediately by telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from
>
> your computer.
>

> Thank you!

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs
121 North River Drive              13610 SW Harness Lane
Narragansett, RI 02882             Beaverton, OR 97008
401-284-1827                       503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-246-8048 Direct
bob@teraspeed.com

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC