RE: [IBIS] BIRD95.3: Power Integrity Analysis using IBIS

From: Mike LaBonte <milabont_at_.....>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 10:21:59 PST
Arpad wrote:

1)  Are receiver switching currents important enough for SSO and PDN
simulations to address them in this BIRD?
Mike>>> I honestly don't know enough about receiver currents to say.

2)  What do you suggest we should do when you say: "It's just a shame that
we are still going down that path and not prescribing flexible circuit
models" if not AMS?
Mike>>> Replace the [R Equiv] etc. with something like [Circuit Call],
except allow it to call an [Internal Circuit] as an alternative to calling
an [External Circuit]. This would allow embedding simple passive circuits in
the IBIS file, maybe limiting the language to SPICE, or maybe not.

Mike